Tuesday 7 February 2012

7th February – Day 4
I had a very late start to the day, that sore throat of mine has come back with avengance and I was feeling less than average! We decided to do a bit of exploring across the Peninsula to Point Turton and Hardwicke Bay through Yorketown.  Both spots are fishing villages, at Hardwicke Bay, nearly every house had a tractor parked in the driveway – these were to launch and retrieve their boats across the beach and rocky outcrops. On our way back to camp we picked up some shopping in Yorketown, plus bought some spray for my throat (which has been a blessing – feeling much better!)
Whilst I was having a bit of a nap, Carl went down to talk to some of the guys from the park that had been out fishing – they had caught a huge catch of garfish and Tommy Rough. He was telling them that I wanted to catch some blue swimmer crabs, so they sent him home with some carcasses for me to put in my net! What a love!
After this gift, I definitely had to try my net, so when Carl went down to throw in a line for squid for me, I took my net. I caught something alright!! 3 little baby crabs and 2 banjo sharks!!! Little buggers they just  kept  coming back caught the same ones a couple of times!! Had to flush them out of my net!
No crabs, no squid – chicken for tea!
Note to oneself – next time I see that there is a wind farm near the place we are thinking of staying, remember that that is why the wind farm is there – for the wind!!! L
How to Launch your Boat, Hardwicke Bay style.


More Wind than Guess Who?

Prestine Hardwicke Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment